Summoners War Runes Guide – Will, Nemesis and Revenge
I am Scatfetis on global – formerly known as 15+ legends currently known as Chinese Popstar after my recent return from a business trip to China. I have a busy schedule of tour dates and interviews but while on my tour bus thought I’d take a moment to discuss a common rune dilemma. When do I use revenge, nemesis or will?
The context from which I discuss strategy is G3 – a personal preference of mine because I believe players can eventually figure out how to get to G1/G2 however G3 to legend is very difficult (without secret alliances and collusion). Also note that 80% of the time its better to pick runes with your best subs but because this is a G3 guide we will assume all of your runes are of equal quality
1 Second – High Level Guide
- Mostly GW Monster – GO Will
- Mostly Raid Monster – GO Revenge
- Mostly Arena Monster – AD GO Nemesis, AO GO Will
BOOM! Done? GW/Raid are more self explanatory – Raid to get more hits off on the boss, debuff etc. Will in GW to create awkward situations for your opponents AO that are not easy to solve with only 3 AO mobs.
1 Minute – Arena Guide/Decision Tree
- Am I using this unit on AO? – Is yes go will, if no continue
- Does my unit have burst heal? – If yes go nemesis and > 40% resis, if no continue
- Does my unit have AOE CC? – If yes go nemesis and > 40% resis, if no continue
- Does my unit have low cool-downs (< 3turn) tanky with self-healing? – If yes go nemesis, if no continue
- Is my unit a low cool-down (< 3 turn) fire type with relevant auto-attack (stun, gauge increase) ? – If yes go revenge, if not continue
- Is my unit a high cool-down fire type (>3 turn) – If yes go will, if not continue
- Is my unit water/wind and im still confused? – When in doubt default to nemesis – lushen is your biggest fear using these mobs – you need a chance to interrupt in order to get a turn in – exception would be if you’re using speed leader and are very fast (300 speed).
Single out a few units
- Juno – Despair nemesis – could help vs bombs, cleave, can interrupt combos – Revenge / Will is not ideal
- Ritesh/Kumar – if you have something to answer Zaiross on your AD already then go nemesis/violent (40-50% resis) to get some game VS bombs and cleave
- Fire Desert Queen – if you have zaiross answer already go nemesis/violent (or despair but violent is better) with high resis and speed